VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone help! I have some serious negative camber problems with my van the left rear is more 3 degrees out and the right is -1.5. this vehicle is still under warranty the the main dealers are trying their best to tell me its ok even though its getting through tyres at a alerting rate.The van totally standard. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

·
Super Moderator
9,313 Posts
Someone help! I have some serious negative camber problems with my van the left rear is more 3 degrees out and the right is -1.5. this vehicle is still under warranty the the main dealers are trying their best to tell me its ok even though its getting through tyres at a alerting rate.The van totally standard. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?
I had this on a 2002 t4 when I bought 2 vans new. They looked like twins but one always wore the tyres heavy on the rear. After a lot of grief I got the van repaired by vw as I said the vehicle was not fit for purpose. Vw didn't want to repair it as they said I had been down pot holes and suspension was not covered there changed the rear radius arms as they were found bent....they are not solid but are hollow. Not saying that's going to be your problem but in general the left near side rear tyre always seems to wear on the inside edge on most of the t5"s

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I kind of agree with you it could be the arms but volkswagen are not going to change them unless they are visually bent, I don't whether to change them at my own cost but if it is not then its going to proof an expensive mistake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.