VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im Tom.
Im trying to replace the speakers in the front but if having a few problems in removing the door card and releasing the window handle.
also i want to run speaker cable to the rear of the van to add some 6-9s. does anyone know how i can do that and pop off the panels. do i need to get new fixings.
Please reply to me if you can.
thanks

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Any specific reason you want 6x9's...?

The vans are PLENTY big enough to hide something for a decent soundstage.
Only use 6x9's if you have no other choice, they sound awful... M:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it doesn't really matter on the speakers that I'm having problems with. its the running of cables from the front to the back and removing the door card. any ideas.....
also thanks for the daves how to with pics but its the popping off bit I'm having problems with. is there any technic I need....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi tom if I remember to remove the winders put the winders in the six oclock position and push the ring at the back of the winder up they should slide and release the winder to remove the door card push up on the top pull handle front cover as it is moulded in to pieces and there are some torx fixings there and there are some torx fixings along the bottem edge then there are some clips that secure the rest of the door card to the door a removal tool would help with this and yes u might well need some new clips as they often break hope this helps

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mate the door cards are removed as follows

1: remove door handle cap by pushing upwards
2: undo both x point screws behind
3: torx bolt in middle of panel
4: three torx bolts along the bottom
5: get your fingers in along the bottom and feel for the spring loaded retaining clips ( there are x5 around the edge in total)
6: gently but using firm pressure pull the door card off from the bottom ( it hangs on behind the inner window seal so just lift up)
7: there is then the electric window plug to detach ( if you have them)
8: unhook metal cable from door and the release the retaining plastic clip
9: up clip the LED alarm light on DVDs side

That's it fella
T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts