VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Won't go into too much information as I have already covered it here on earlier posts. I basically have had to convert a T5 so I can see my daughter every 2 weeks in Dorset as I live in Hertfordshire. Now the ex has said I cannot have my daughter in the van and keeps coming up with different reasons. I have just met the latest in in that she said I must be breaking the law with my insurance. That £480 with Brentacre was worth every penny as a letter from them shut her up. Now she wants a sign off for the gas and electric. Is there an electrician on here who will review my van and if it meets their standards sign it off for a fee? Also need the same for the gas. I am confident with the work done, I am not looking for anything for free and am prepared to pay if any changes are required. Getting desperate now as I am supposed to have my daughter for the April holidays and the ex is already telling my daughter her daddy won't be taking her away. I have no choice but get the gas and electric signed off. I live in Hertfordshire, but visit Dorset and Nottinghamshire every other weekend, but am willing to travel. Hope someone can help as getting desperate :(

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
If it helps, any Gas Safe registered plumber can do the gas checks.
It won't cost a lot and July the sound of it will be money well spent.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I can sign off the electrics fella, assuming they are OK of course!

There was a very similar thread a few months ago... was it your thread back then? If not there are two of you in the same situation.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I really feel for you mate, what a total b***h:( Can't you just tell her to f**k off, you've been more than reasonable, surely you have rights aswell?

How far is this going to go.............you seriously can't go on forever bending over to her demands........surely any decent solicitor should be able to put all her bulls**t to bed and let you see your daughter????????????????

:(

Jay

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
sorry to hear its still going on, and she is still hasstling you about your camper. good luck with getting it sorted asap. si

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Gary, I do hope your x has a gas safe certificate and electrical installation Periodic Inspection Report for her home? otherwise how do you know your daughter is safe with her?

Under BS7671 (Electrical installations) a domestic property should be inspected & tested every 10 years (max) hardly anyone bothers and wonders why there places burn down...

Just take a tent with you, last time i checked they weren't against the law in anyway!

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts
If it helps, any Gas Safe registered plumber can do the gas checks.
It won't cost a lot and July the sound of it will be money well spent.
titchy.cosworth said:
gas safe and must have LPG or they cant touch it fella
I believe they need a Motorhome / caravan specific qualification to do gas on a motorhome.

I am 90% sure there is not a regular poster or member who even actually visits occasionally who is a Gas Safe for motor homes as I have asked a lot of times for someone to clarify a few things for me as so much miss-information get spread around about what the reg's say.

I know there is a chap who has the marine specific qual on here (split mike??) but that does not really help ;).

There is a big motorhome place near Nottingham (will try to find out the name) which does gas, I do know there a few on here who have had the checks done to.

Best of luck with it all :ILU:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
gas safe and must have LPG or they cant touch it fella T:
Yes, that's right actually. I work in a pretty rural area and almost all fitters have the LPG ticket as there is so much of it around here.

Although the OP could perfectly reasonably tell his ar5e of an ex wife that the certificate is only legally required for Motorhomes that are used for Hire or Reward and as he is using his for neither of things, she should STFU and be happy he wants to be a father to his daughter :*

It would be like asking her to provide a Hoteliers licence for her house otherwise it's unsafe for His daughter to stay there !

·
Registered
621 Posts
It seems the only way your x can get back at you is through your daughter. She must hold a very big grudge against you .
Someone must be behind her to keep pushing these issues. X inlaws maybe because all she realy wants is to deny you access to your daughter and will try any angle to acomplish this.
Hopefully it will stop with the van issues once they run out of things to complain about . She must be related to my cousins ex every time he would buy his 3 children anything cloths ect it went straight in the bin . Best of luck mate.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I believe they need a Motorhome / caravan specific qualification to do gas on a motorhome.

I am 90% sure there is not a regular poster or member who even actually visits occasionally who is a Gas Safe for motor homes as I have asked a lot of times for someone to clarify a few things for me as so much miss-information get spread around about what the reg's say.

I know there is a chap who has the marine specific qual on here (split mike??) but that does not really help ;).

There is a big motorhome place near Nottingham (will try to find out the name) which does gas, I do know there a few on here who have had the checks done to.

Best of luck with it all :ILU:
Good luck mate , go see a solicitor , they will sort it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts