VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slammed shut my near side sliding door on my 1.9 LWB t5 yesterday. Seat belt got stuck in it and it would not open. Managed to extract the seat belt but it still will not open. I'm a mechanical idiot so is this something simple or will i need to take it somewhere. Thanking you in advance HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
913 Posts
The steel bar on the door mechanism might have popped off? Mine did a similar thing and i'm no techie. You can take the panel off the interior of your sliding door just to check. When you depress door handle what happens?
Gary

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More Help Please

Got door panel off and can open door if I physically pull the mechanism BUT as soon as i shut it again it is stuck fast once more. The pulling of the interior and exterior handles makes no difference and popping the central locking on the key fob makes no difference either. If i need to take her to a mechanic for a problem like this should i go to my local official T5 dealer or will any good but undoubtedly cheaper mechanic do? Advice please. Thanks to my man above for the advice already received. T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts