VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this forum, new to the T5, picked one up at the weekend. I have a 2005 multivan, trying to upgrade from the original VW beta radio/tape player to a kenwood double din. Looking for a fitting kit to cover the connections on the photo below: Now they all leads available seem to cover the brown and black connectors,(assuming this is ISO) but what do i need for the blue one? and what does it cover? Assuming this isn’t a quad lock connector? or do these go into a quad lock then onto the stereo? . I’m used to 1960’s wiring in my triumphs, so this is a modern Stuff to me.

Thanks
Hag

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You can buy an off the shelf connector for an aftermarket stereo. It will use the brown and black connectors. The other ones are used for additional CD players and the like. Just be careful as you will need a lead that powers the aerial amplifier and some leads look like they fit, but cause a battery drain. I would recommend going to a supplier who knows what is needed like absolut5:

A cheap lead could be an expensive purchase if it lunches your battery. (I am not affiliated with them BTW).

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Thanks Poffer, I‘ll take a look. Hag
The blue one would have been for a cd changer

really easy to fit a aftermarket unit, what model Kenwood is it ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blue one would have been for a cd changer

really easy to fit a aftermarket unit, what model Kenwood is it ?
Hi, its a DDX8016DABS, so wasn't planning on a Cd changer, but really good to know what its for i was getting confused.

Thanks Hag

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
The blue one is the factory cd changer mounted under the seat..

all you have to do is swap the yellow and red wires around on the Kenwood loom, and cut and insulate the Blue wire

post A pic of the Kenwood loom and il Mark it what I mean

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Planning to come and see you guys for a Pendle remap soon, is there only one stage of remap for a T5 105, that being a 140 map or is there anything in between? Thanks hag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts