VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I am going to look at a 2001 t4 2.5 tdi 102 bhp swb what do I need to look out for.
I am new to this and at mo the van has side windows and rear seat but would like to turn it into and day van.
Any help and advice would be great

·
Bercow fan club
10,222 Posts
We need more info on the van. Most problem areas have been covered on numerous threads which can be found on here but info on miles, history etc would be helpful. :tu

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Look for rust....

Then look again...

;)

Service history & receipts, also with the 2.5tdis - has the clutch, slave cylinder & dual-mass flywheel been changed (££££'s!!!)

If it's recently had paint then question what is hidden behind :*

Also worth checking previous mot history & failure / advisories, also good for checking millage I:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.263960076.1619609904.1503338120-1891573431.1493579198

Don't buy the first van you see & don't be pressurised to buy because someone else wants it I:

Don't be afraid of buying a blank-canvas van & converting yourself, genuine Vw middle windows with the rubber trim & bonding kit are less than £80 a side & easily fitted by most diyers http://www.t4srus.co.uk/genuine-vw-t4-side-sliding-door-middle-window-kit-years-90---03-753-p.asp

Good luck with your search T:

Rich.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks going to look tomorrow evening. Pictures show paint work in good condition and it says original plus 145 k miles . Will check out what mot site has to say.
Many thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its done 145k just had full service inc cam belt and nearly new mot . Going tomorrow eve to have a look .
Also freash insulation and carpet 12v lighting 240v hookup with rcd genuine vw twin seat with belts. No rust dings or dents . 12 months warranty as well. Like I said not seen it yet plus it says its got some service history.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would advise you to look out for

1.Yellow snow
2.Peeing into the wind

and of course number

3.Women who pee standing up

You tick to this you wont go far wrong pal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts