VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi im buying a t5 in 2 weeks can anybody recommend were the cheapest place i can buy windows and get somebody to put them in for me and what the best stuff to insulate your van ,what shoul i do with the deck of the van do you need to insulate the floor and board on top ? just 1 more q i need to put decent lights in back of van thanks :) im in north wales

·
Registered
873 Posts
There is a guy based in Anglesey that does window fitting. Not sure if he sources the windows too or you could go directly to VW and source yourself. Do a search as I don't know anymore about him.

There are loads of options for insulating. Plenty of info on here so search around and you will find more than enough info.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Mac at Ultimate transporters in Birmingham is the cheapest windows I've found, £500 2x sides and 2x Barn Doors fitted with Limo Tint.
6mm ply for the floor, I carpeted mine but since I've got into surfing, i think I should have gone for real wood/laminate floor and added a mat over the top.
Mike at CMC does good sound insulation £68 for enough to do roof, floor and sides of LWB and i used B&Q recycled plastic bottle insulation for warmth, 1 roll for £15 did the back of my LWB.
Ikea Dioder White LEDs give a very good reading/living light £35-40 (4 lights with 8 LEDs in each)

A:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mac at Ultimate transporters in Birmingham is the cheapest windows I've found, £500 2x sides and 2x Barn Doors fitted with Limo Tint.
6mm ply for the floor, I carpeted mine but since I've got into surfing, i think I should have gone for real wood/laminate floor and added a mat over the top.
Mike at CMC does good sound insulation £68 for enough to do roof, floor and sides of LWB and i used B&Q recycled plastic bottle insulation for warmth, 1 roll for £15 did the back of my LWB.
Ikea Dioder White LEDs give a very good reading/living light £35-40 (4 lights with 8 LEDs in each)

A:
Hi thanks for the info ,
a

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just done 10 days in the van and we were warm enough, I couldn't tell you what sheep wool is like though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts