VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T4 1992 1.9D
Attempting to change my water pump, drained the system, taken the Alternator off and bottom 2 bolts of water pump/alternator bracket, how the hell do you get to the top 2 bolts?! only managed to loosen the one on the right with a ring spanner but am now stuck!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
if its like the 2.5,the other 2 bolts are behind the cover for cambelt,which has to come off?

·
Registered
477 Posts
can't remember the size but i'm pretty sure i had to buy a deep socket to do the awkward ones think a short extention is needed too. they are a right faff to get to.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can't get a socket on them, no room, the left bolt is behind the timing belt cover, not sure if the cover will just move around a little to get to it but didnt wanna attempt that if I can't do the right one which is not behind the timing belt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
T4 1992 1.9D
Attempting to change my water pump, drained the system, taken the Alternator off and bottom 2 bolts of water pump/alternator bracket, how the hell do you get to the top 2 bolts?! only managed to loosen the one on the right with a ring spanner but am now stuck!
How did you get on with the above I need to do the same I have t4 1994 1.9D same design as yours I think. I can,t work out how to remove the drive belt to get the ALternator off any help

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
T4 1992 1.9D
Take the alternator bracket off the front of the engine, then undo the 3 studs, pump and housing will then lift away from the block, remember to replace the o-ring when refitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts