VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Durite Autimatic Battery Charger for topping up my second battery when on hookup.

The fan is forever coming on! Not ideal for when your sleeping!

Can anyone tell me where they would normally mount these please or any tips?

·
Registered
284 Posts
The fan comes on when the charger is working flat out after you have hammered the battery. I'd get a new charger as well, one without the fan.

·
Registered
668 Posts
On,y trouble with a fan less one is they will probably want a more spacious area to be mounted, not something easily done in a van!

I have a cbe charger but don't use it much as I rarely hook up due to my solar charger, when the cbe is on the fan rarely kicks in and it's pretty quiet when it does.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe best to get a quieter one mate, not really anywhere in a small van where you won't hear it. Alternatively why not just turn it off when sleeping?
I guess I could turn it off at night.

How long roughly would my battery last from full charge running just a waeco cr50?

My battery is 110Ah.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fan comes on when the charger is working flat out after you have hammered the battery. I'd get a new charger as well, one without the fan.
It's a brand new setup as part of a kit from xtremevan. The battery is fully charged and the unit is just running in its lowest mode of keeping the battery topped up.

The fan is still off an on! :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
After the first nite on a hook up i decided to turn mine off at nite , as we use waeco eps 100 rectifier hard wired for the fridge
when on 240 the lesure doesnt need to do much .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts