VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just replaced my front brake disc and pads this morning and like the clott i am bought the pads without the wear indicators :* so i have zip tied the cable to the flexi brake pipe and done away with the indicators but the warning light is lit on the dash now and its going for an mot this week!! Will they pass it with that light on or will the clown at the mot fail it under illuminations on the dash even though its perfectly safe:ILU: Any ideas would be helpfull

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Mine did that, I somehow broke the circuit. So on the bit that you have cable tied up, you can somehow do this. Can't remember how I did this, quite simple though.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think what Thomas was going to say ( but didnt quite get there lol) is that you can complete the circuit with a short length of wire inserted into the connector that you cable tied up out the way. (Or cut the end off and twist the wires together but then youd not be able to go back to using it again). I think you can also disable it via VAG COM if youve got access to one or finally explainit to the MOT bloke?
Hope it all goes well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply`s chaps, didn`t fancy getting underneath it again but i may reuse the indicator so have to do something. The van is so hard to jak up when you lower them 60mm and fit side bars....

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Without the need to jack it up I disabled my indicator warning using a paperclip :)

Simply bend it to a large hoop/staple shape and insert one prong into each of the 2 connectors on the plug that should be connected to the pads.

Don't forget there is one front and one rear and yes it passed the MOT like that.

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Having gloated that mine once again passed with no problem....My light and shrieky thing do their stuff every time i've started it for a while now. I know the pads / discs are fine. This is the second time I've had to test it without sorting it ( just lazy) and the m.o.t bloke was fine about it !...He's also a real fussy fella too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts