VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help just put 9mm floor in & carnt get side step to fit back do u need to cut round the step i would like the step to sit on the board if u know wot i mean can anyone help:*

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You need the kombi, shuttle or caravelle one which is deeper, otherwise cut a piece of 9mm ply to fit under it to raise it, not ideal but ok for temporary measure.

PM "oxford T5" on the forum, a while back he was selling them.T:

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
Kombi step will only work if you have 12mm ply floor as there is a 20mm difference in height from the standard van step so packing it up and making a fill-in piece for the front is the only option.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Yes you need the shuttle or kombi sliding door step which is deeper and also has the small step light which you can wire up to your rear internal light. If you plan on fitting carpet or vinyl to the floor then the shuttle step should be ok. if not then you could put a small filler piece around the gap between your floor and the top of the step overlap. I don't have any plastic sliding door steps in at the moment but they aren't expensive from vw or tps £30 max. :)
Oxford T5
07799 626310
Genuine VW T5 Seats supplied and fitted.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you need the shuttle or kombi sliding door step which is deeper and also has the small step light which you can wire up to your rear internal light. If you plan on fitting carpet or vinyl to the floor then the shuttle step should be ok. if not then you could put a small filler piece around the gap between your floor and the top of the step overlap. I don't have any plastic sliding door steps in at the moment but they aren't expensive from vw or tps £30 max. :)
Oxford T5
07799 626310
Genuine VW T5 Seats supplied and fitted.
cheers 4 that i was on the phone the other night to u I got 1 at vw a kombi one with the light £37 +11 for the lightT:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts