VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a 2015 T5 multivan and have to decide if I want to sell it I don't want to do it to a permanent camper van. Most likely will I buy a new van in a couple of years.

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, what side of your bed did you wake up on? I don’t need this kind of reply.
I’ve tried to ask a couple of questions on this forum now. And always only get unserios answers. Strange!

·
Registered
626 Posts
What do you want in your van? A sink, fridge, cooking, mains electric and 12 volt charging for a leisure battery or just somewhere to sleep? If you can tell us a bit more about what you want to use it for and what facilities you need/want that would help as there are semi permanent and permanent options for all of the above but obviously soem are better if they are a permanent feature such as electrics

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you’re after a gas stove and don’t want the drama of a gas locker and holes on the bottom of your van - a temporary / contemporary solution look Here for information about CADAC & small C500 cannisters?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
There's lots of pod systems that you can fit/remove quickly
Woodys waggons make one that just bolts into the load lashing points in the back
Look them up on Facebook
And There's no such thing as stupid questions on this forum only stupid trolling keyboard warriors with stupid answers
So ask away (y)

·
Registered
185 Posts
EVO make good self contained Pods that can be a non-permanent addition to your van.
‘L brackets’ screwed to the floor is all it takes.
Could be incorporated into a new van should you take the plunge or sold on?
Good luck. 👍🏻

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank's. I've thought about a pod either in the back or one to replace a captain seat in the second row, but then with a swb multivan it could be kind of tight. Maybe some kind of rear pod would be best.
With my question, I'd hope someone with a multivan could share their same experience and show how they did.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank's. I've thought about a pod either in the back or one to replace a captain seat in the second row, but then with a swb multivan it could be kind of tight. Maybe some kind of rear pod would be best.
With my question, I'd hope someone with a multivan could share their same experience and show how they did.
Hiya
I think unless you have a pop top there’s little point in my opinion, you can’t stand up so will be hunched over a little stove etc. Why not get some camping gear and cook / make a drink under the awning.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes that what I think also, what do you think about a tail gate tent and make that a kitchen?
I have a Kombi for hi h suits my needs having two kids, we have an infinity customs bed which turns the whole of the van into a king size bed. I have an awning rail which is screwed into the roof gully (used existing pre drilled holes) we then either use a gas ring burner or an electric ring if on site used under the awning. I have barn doors so can’t use the cover of the tailgate but think this would work just as well.
there always a bbq of course for the warmer nights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes. I wonder how you can cook bacon and egg in a california without have a bacon smell for a long time? 😊 Ok, they have more ventilation with the roof rised, but it's a small space.
That said. How do you do in winter time? When you don't want to get out? Skip the bacon breakfast? Make dinner in a crockpot as a well known youtuber?

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kiravans make barn door awnings?
We have a t4 multivan. Mostly used as a day van but a week away is doable too. All the cooking and washing stuff is behind the tailgate with a biggish camping table up front. Clean cooking can be done on the table in the van. Everything else we move table outside and pull out the roof mounted canopy. We also couldn't be without our portable fridge and portaloo
We found the side canopy much easier than the tailgate tent we tried first. If the weather is really bad its cheese and biscuits for dinner or a take away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
PODs are good check in my marketplace numerous options for ideas. We went minimal - done this for 3 years put a 75mm mattress on the seats took out the swivels and put an Engle 37 liter fridge the plastic one on sliders, initially in the rear (they the same height as the folded down seat then moved it to the front right side great for shopping,made up a simple ali and wood frame to rest bed on.

Put a lithium in the old battery tray see other posts for details - been there 3 years now... have noticed it only lasting about 4 days till it hits 12.4 volts (one time it crashed to 10.8 volts but still started the car just fine whooo) previously would go 5 days plus. 38-43 deg C days so possibly not surprising.

Everything else is in plastic boxes. Never got around to putting in a reimo pop top others do but it is about PDs 5K and does require a brave fitter as there are stacks of airbags up there and the paneling is different to a van.

We use one of these. Adventure Kings Awning 2.5x2.5m + Adventure Kings Awning Tent 2.5 x 2.5m as does every other cheapskate 4x4 camper.... mounts on the rails so don't need a roof rack.

Do not cook inside or even fart the stink will last for ever... caravanners don't even cook in the their van down here...

use ali-foam builders roofing foil in the windows on the outside for the front window. Will need two carformo fans in the rear as air doesn't circulate we used the cargo fittings - we don't open the doors, snakes spider and other killers would come visiting...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts