VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some side bars from vanstyle and i cant see how the front rail can be right =
The instructions show a different front bar =have i got the right one?

Some one must know ,otherwise i going to have to cut more of the wing liner and try it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are your side bars the ones with the rubber foot pads.? If so they're the same as mine and are a nightmare to fit if you don't have a ramp to lift the van, the black bars shown in the pic go underneath from one side to the other rather than front to back, don't do any cutting, you shouldn't need to, hope this helps??:*

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think they look the right ones. Cut a bigger hole. I used a dremel type hand cutter. Started small and got bigger. They are a bit of a pain to fit and the front has a captive nut that fits up into a box section (the hole on the picture). Remember and use some copperslip or similar because i don't know how easy they will be to remove after a few winters of salt.
This is a pic of the mount hole at the front. I was sad enough to take a picture. Front mud flap is to the RHS of the photo to get your orientation right. Good luck........no swearing mind!T:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought id done ok fitting these but the n/s/ doesnt line up !
What have i done wrong

1 - 4 of 4 Posts