VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just removed the ply lined base from my newly acquired t4, and was hoping that there would be some sort of fixing point to put in a double rear seat...however there is nothing there, is this normal? And how difficult is it to fix the seats down?

Thanks in advance Steve.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Have a look in the Interiors and Conversions sections. 4 floor dimples at the third row location show the position BUT you'll need the underfloor fixings. Seat belt fixings are harder to replicate however.

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
I have just removed the ply lined base from my newly acquired t4, and was hoping that there would be some sort of fixing point to put in a double rear seat...however there is nothing there, is this normal? And how difficult is it to fix the seats down?

Thanks in advance Steve.
Hi,

The double rear seat was normally fitted in the middle position sometimes with a single next to it. In the middle position you could also fit three single single seats.
The normal fitting for between the wheel arches is a triple seat or two single seats, they are the same seats that are fitted in the centre of the middle position.

Fitting the correct vw seats between the wheel arches is the easy part, if you do not have a VIN number starting WV2 then there is almost no chance of replicating the seat belt anchorage points without major body rebuilding.

Cheers Trev.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts