VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to use spray adhesive on the headlining in my van, I'm going to be sticking my material straight to the old headlining boards with no foam inbetween.

Can anyone tell me how much spray adhesive I may need and what type?

Can I justify buying such a small quantity from somewhere, and where could I get it??

Cheers in advance.
George

·
Registered
591 Posts
The main thing is what type of material are you sticking to the boards.When using unbacked materials spray adhesives have been known to show through (stain),as the solvent soaks straight through.I supply adhesives and would suggest using high temp adhesive.The cheaper the adhesive the more solvent in the tin.If you like give me a call for some advice. 07917542685

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Whatever you do, get PROPER auto high temp stuff - not the **** that sticks carpet to floors or the rubbish sold in DIY shops.

As long as you're using the right type of glue and applying it properly, you can use even the thinnest of materials, as PROPER contact aerosol glue comes out of the can like a 'spiders web' - with NO noticeable solvent wetness..............

I use Martrim - although I've also used Magevanmats stuff...........

:)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whatever you do, get PROPER auto high temp stuff - not the **** that sticks carpet to floors or the rubbish sold in DIY shops.

As long as you're using the right type of glue and applying it properly, you can use even the thinnest of materials, as PROPER contact aerosol glue comes out of the can like a 'spiders web' - with NO noticeable solvent wetness..............

I use Martrim - although I've also used Magevanmats stuff...........

:)
Brilliant advice, I've read alot of your build diary and found it very very helpful indeed, thanks for the help and well done on the van it looks fantastic!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main thing is what type of material are you sticking to the boards.When using unbacked materials spray adhesives have been known to show through (stain),as the solvent soaks straight through.I supply adhesives and would suggest using high temp adhesive.The cheaper the adhesive the more solvent in the tin.If you like give me a call for some advice. 07917542685
Brilliant, I will give you a call tomorrow if you don't mind. I am presuming your name is Mark by your forum name, would I be right with that??

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts