VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!

I have a VW T4 800 Special.

I have just sold my old mk3 Golf GTI, so i now have the money to be getting myself some alloys! :D

So please, can some people help me out as i am very confused about wheels and lowering etc...

I want to lower the van, not sure how much, and don't know what size wheels to get either...

I was thinking 17" wheels, but then don't have a clue how much to drop it or what tyres? So could people tell me what they think is best size wheel, tyre and amount to drop the van.

It is only going to have a few cupboards, rock n roll bed and some kites and surfboards inside...so not too much weight.

I have noticed you can get 'van rated' alloys...do i really need them..i do want to be on the safe side but i know its a lot cheaper to get standard, but i just don't understand.

PLEASE HELP!

THANKS!

:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
it all depends how low you want to go....
i think lower = better!!
BUT you will loose all comfort after dropping more than 60mm....so you need to think of that...50mm seems to be the happy medium most people choose
as for wheels.....any size as long as you like them! just remember pcd 5x112 and offset 35-45 and you cant go far wrong....unless you go super wide and super lowT: take a look on ebay..stacks of wheels thereT:

·
Registered
865 Posts
oh yeah tyres!! once you know the size wheel you want, find out what everybody is running on here...take a look in the show us your wheels threads...loads of ideas:ILU:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.