VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting wheels for my 02 t4 888 special, like the audi rs4's/6's/8's etc and see a lot of you guy's have these.

I have been advised to steer clear of the replicas due to some of them being poor quality, notsuitable for vans and prone to cracking.

Any advice appreciated from those who have them.

Bob
It looks better tinted
Prestige Window Films

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rob,

That's spookily similar to what I'm looking for for my '02 T4 888! - 18" A6 five-spokes, 235/45(ish). Perhaps we should club together and get a discount!
I've put a few questions out to some of the guys and girls on the forum to find what they're running on that I like and they've all been super-helpful. I'll keep you posted with any progress.

Cheers,
Tristan.

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
Ok guys. I am after the nauvori rims. Perhaps we can club together for a discount group buy. Might be worthing looking into. Pm if your interested.

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Don't think anyones gone for a group discount on wheels yet, even on the old forum...stand to be corrected though.

Mind you...if anyones interested in investigating the possibilities then i'm totally up for a set of RS6's I:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am all for the group discount thing. But, is there good wheels and bad wheels, eg, make, suppliers etc.

Bob

·
Administration
1,766 Posts
Davie T4 had a go on the old forum but it's one of those thats difficult to put together as everyone's wants are different.

Apparently it's not just the replicas: there was a bad run of wheels from Audi themselves which led to a recall as far as I'm aware so be a bit carefull.

·
Registered
30 Posts
These are the wheels that I want (Desperate Dan's been one of the chaps who's kindly helped me in my search!). I'll contact Totally T4 and see what they can do.

Cheers,
Tristan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
All,

I've spoken with Laurence at Totally T4. 4 x RS6 18" replicas, including load rated tyres (92) 225/40/18 is £550. These are the Nuovolari(?) wheels from Italy. He also recommends lowering the van by 60mm - new springs on the rear (£100 from him), roll down the torsion bars on the front (then get tracking, etc, re-done).
How does that all sound? No group discount, I'm afraid!

Cheers,
Tristan.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
hi tristian , was that price of £550for rs6 18" including delivery from Totally T4 .i am awiting a reply from them about postage to here. has anyone else had a set sent to them and were they pleased with them ?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Yes,
I've had some RS6 from Laurence and they are spot on,
Although I personally went for higher load rated tyres.
Without starting the old "Load rated Tyres Chestnut"
92 is a bit too low for me, Went for 95XL + I have been to the weighbridge to confirm the van GVW when fully loaded for a camping trip.

Me & Breadknife, Full tank of Diesel, All us camping Gear 2150kgs.
:ILU:

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
thanks for the reply dan, i am going to have to wait a while to get a new set of wheels.but i reckon i will go to them when i do .this forum makes you want to spend so much money,(and i thought my van was pretty much finished,not even close!!!!!!!) phil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts