VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I ve bought a nice set of 60mm springs and sports dampers second hand from this forum .

I am **** with a spanner so ive asked my local vw garage to fit them .

To fit and aline the wheels he has asked for £100 of my hard earned cash .

Is this about right for the job ?

Hope you all can help.

Cheers

Will post pic's before and after .

·
Registered
232 Posts
its a simple job todo even with little spanner knowledge.Ask if the balance is a all 4 wheels ballence with print out .If it is then that really not a bad priceT:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I paid £40 to have my springs and shocks (kw kit) fitted and alignment checked.

I went to North Eastern Tyres in York. But there are similar places all over the place that will charge similar money.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I paid £40 to have my springs and shocks (kw kit) fitted and alignment checked.

I went to North Eastern Tyres in York. But there are similar places all over the place that will charge similar money.
Think ill move ooppppp norf!!...just got a price to align mine without fitting springs etc..£65 quid dannnn saff!:(

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have still got the my white t4 and loving it , so i hope it was nt on flee bay .

Things are moving slowly as i work all the hours the big man sends .

Saving for a resprey at the mo to get rid of the rust around the arches but keep finding bargins for the bus LOL:

Cheers for the info people ...........A:

When is the next meeting ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hiya ...

Got the van lowered 60mm with t4rus springs and dampers on monday .

Thanks alot for the kit Pete everything seams fine ...A:A:

This is before the drop , taken late last year when i got the wheels and windows done .

Well pleased with the look , apart from the rust . Next big spend has to be paint , and thought i new exhaust with a cat was bad :(

Off to ikea at the weekend as i need a bed put in for a couple of planned trips away soon . Still alot to do , insulation , new boards etc . But getting there slowly lol..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts