VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Last week my oil light started flashing with the battery light on, Now my van won't start apart from jump starting it. My friend had the same problem and it was the wire from the alternator so i checked it and it was fine! Now i've fitted a new alternator and still no joy and the speedo has stoped working and the lights are really dull:* Has anyone ever had this and does anyone know what it could be???? :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope haven't done that i'm pretty dum when it comes to underneath the bonnet of my vanLOL: Where are the earth points to on the van?
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
offhand i don't know - will go take a look in a minute!

when you say it will only start with a jump, do you mean you turn the key without the leads on and there is nothing? not taking the p iss but your battery isn't worn out is it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No joy the van starts now but the oil lights stil flashing and the battery lights still on so it's only a matter of time before my new battery dies!!!!! Anybody ever had this????? Going camping on friday so need it fixed pronto :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Is your chassis to engine earth strap ok?

Check the big fuse links down by the battery too - one of them is for the alternator

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have a look tomorrow many thanks guys like i said i'm a bit of a dummer when it comes to under the bonnet of my van lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts