VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is Cargo and my first T4 build

She started life as a London Command Ambulance 2.5tdi 2001 15,500 miles I bought her in February 2013

Then I set to work

First thing was to remove meters of cabling and modems from her ambulance days. I accidentally cut the main headlight cables and had to re solder them together :(

Happily found a leisure battery albeit dead under the drivers seat with split charger already installed I:

Copied the neat 240v hook up idea from this forum :)

There were five of these inverters installed so decided to utilise one of them

Next was to get the stickers off (Regrettably, as I found loads of badly repaired scrapes and in hindsight liked the look of her as an ambulance. Nobody would overtake me on the motorway either.. Also had to drill the floor and fit brackets for the multi van seat

Austops pop up thanks to Andy at Revampervan

Gutted her, insulated, sound proofed and carpet lined

Put multi van seat bed in. Our family needs five seats and I decided a multi van seat/bed was the cheapest and best option. Turns out it is really comfy

Overhead storage cupboard made.

12v electrics, inverter, table and led lighting in

Rear bed shelf made for just 99p. Some recycled stainless steel legs and sandwiched ply I had left over worked a treat

Lowered 45mm at back and 50mm at front and new alloys on

Next job is bodywork T:

Any recommendations for good bodywork shops at reasonable price in the Bournemouth area gratefully received T:

I hope any of you on a first time build find this helpful

·
Registered
145 Posts
Love the work so far, I'm way behind, however it is my third build. I've asked my mate Jim for his pals bodyshop; Abbey sprays ltd in Romsey 01794 516504. Jim's got a great T5 and uses his pals body shop as they are very van friendly and do some great fabrication, getting yours straight would be a doddle. Good luck and thanks for some great pics....... Si

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've got the same rear seat bed, I see yours has additional hand holds either side of the pull mechanism, are they storage boxes/drawers? Mine was second hand and had two nasty painted bits of hardboard instead of what yours shows.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got the same rear seat bed, I see yours has additional hand holds either side of the pull mechanism, are they storage boxes/drawers? Mine was second hand and had two nasty painted bits of hardboard instead of what yours shows.
They are just pop off covers so you can access under the seat if need be. Useful for hiding things away. I would be interested in your friend having a look at the body work on mine to see what's involved.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Re: Here is Cargo and my first T4 build

Next job is bodywork T:

Any recommendations for good bodywork shops at reasonable price in the Bournemouth area gratefully received T:

I hope any of you on a first time build find this helpful

You still after a body-shop? I would recommend you talk with Paddy down at Stanfield garage in Bournemouth.

Stanfield Garage Body Shop
74a Stanfield Road
Winton
Bournemouth
BH9 2NR

01202 518250

They do quite a few Transporters for guys on this forum, they did a sportline front end on my T5 recently and it was a perfect colour-match etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts