VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i bought this van just over 2 weeks ago, paid £2800 for it... Dunno if that was good or not

its the 2.5tdi (blue I)

the speedo indicates 188,000 miles, although in 2007 the previous owner had a replacement engine fitted which has now done approx.30,000 (have the receipt for proof amongst a good 3 inches of service history and paperwork)

18" alloys with 2 new and 2 good tyres, lowered 50mm by profesional VW dealer, and the van has been ply lined, carpeted and insulated

I've since gotten matching seat covers, new center caps for the wheels and am in the process of coverting the rear into a lounge/camper conversion

just wondered what small mods/styling things you would suggest

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Looks like good value with the new engine and a tidy van too. A first thing would be to return the bumpers to their new condition using a paint stripper gun (electric) maybe a good t cut and polish with a decent polish. Here's a link to bumper restoration thread (you might not be able to see it unless you pay the tenner subscription which is well worth it). There is plenty of inspiration on here!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Side windows with limo tint is a nice touch, as is a rear window for all round vis. Good for me anyway as mine is my daily as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any idea how much a side window or maybe some sort of skylight/sunroof would cost?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Check out vansport in Penzance, they do pretty good deals on windows and sunroofs and the work's top notch.

You can either buy them as DIY kits, or take the van to them and have it done for you.

If you pay the tenner to join the forum there are quite a few threads on how to fit windows, sunroofs and the like on here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check out vansport in Penzance, they do pretty good deals on windows and sunroofs and the work's top notch.
Thats where I bought mine from, think it was about £175 for two windows with trims/seals and fitting kit. Next day delivery, instructions supplied was really impressed with them TBH :)

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts