VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,:ILU:

I have just had delivery of a multivan rear bed/seat setup to fit to my vell (hopefully) from a nice German ebay chap, and have read all threads on fitting on the forum BUT !!

Does any one have ANY pictures of how the bed frame fits to the wheel arches and to the base as im doing this blind.

Also I stripped the velle today and the wife has the face on her (until its finished) so HELP !!!!

1. Does the frame need bolting or welding to the wheel arches ? (Pics would be great !!!!)

2. Cant see any dents where the bolts should go ?

3. the bed frame has a counter sunk section on both sides , do i drill a hole this big in my van floor ??

ANY help would be great,

thanks Stozz :confused:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just had this done in my ex AA
Check out this thread for a couple of pics of it.
If you want me to take some more pics i will try tommorow as it's all stripped out at the moment.
You will need to get some plates from VW welded though.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91287 :)

Your welcome to pop down and I can show you where and how it all goes in if you like as I'm only in Oxford

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one !!

Thanks for that - how did you work out where the bolts / weld went ?:* (looks great !T:)

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had some help from a friend of mine on here (Wind Welder)
We just moved it all around until it looked right plus he's done a few before.
I used a chassis number from a genuine multivan off a member on here and went through the parts diagram at VW and ordered the underfloor plates etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts