VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
just wanted to say hello. I have been a member of the forum for a while, but haven't posted as I have been waiting to take hold of my first T4 lwb and my first VW too. I now have it and its fantastic to drive. I had a transit for the last two years that I converted, but the rust was just too much to manage. So, I decided to go for it and by a T4. I will post some pics when I take them. Plan is to convert to a camper.

I do have one thing I wanted to ask regarding beds. I had a rock n roll bed for the transit and decided I wanted to go for a bench bed in this one - don't want to waste the space we have. So, here is my design below - if this works. I need some opinions on if this is feasible. I think I can make it fairly easily, but am looking for flaws before I buy the box section. Any pointers appreciated. Bed is a rectangle that shortens in both length and width by one tube inserting into the other. My welding skills are average, but its not going to be structural - no seat belts etc.

Cheers,

Marc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Join date 2009 - you have waited a while before posting! Welcome along T:

Sketch looks good, is that going to fit inbetween the wheel arches?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Cheeky Lemon, this one should fit over the nearside wheel arch. It will pull out to the center of the van and then towards the front to give a bed the size of 1.9m x 1.05m (I hope). I haven't worked out the top yet, but the plan is to have the wheel arch side lift up against the side of the van to give a back rest.

Cheers,

Marc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts