VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ive posted my sos in the wrong forum the non technical dept. ! Had a lot of helpful suggestions on here so far so had to join !!! Basically i bought a 01 t4 2.5 tdi with intercooler first 200 hundred miles great really happy with power and performance then just close to home the day after buying it i drove over a speed bump and she just stopped !!!! It started again then accelerated then stopped !!! the engine is turning but refusing to fire up !!!!! I drive the 1.9 straight she s slow but always there for me now my upsize has taken a slump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suggestions ?????????????? 110000 genuine miles on the van ?????????

·
Registered
289 Posts
hi mate hads the same problem with my old 2.5 with same sort of problem it was the inmobiliser play up got my mate to by pass it and happy days again hope this helps you T:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Hi all ive posted my sos in the wrong forum the non technical dept. ! Had a lot of helpful suggestions on here so far so had to join !!! Basically i bought a 01 t4 2.5 tdi with intercooler first 200 hundred miles great really happy with power and performance then just close to home the day after buying it i drove over a speed bump and she just stopped !!!! It started again then accelerated then stopped !!! the engine is turning but refusing to fire up !!!!! I drive the 1.9 straight she s slow but always there for me now my upsize has taken a slump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suggestions ?????????????? 110000 genuine miles on the van ?????????
This may sound daft but do you have lots of keys on your keyring?

·
Registered
64 Posts
a clue to this could be what you can see at the exhaust when your trying to start the engine,if its not smoking it may be an electrical fault as already mentioned ,ie imobiiliser or chip key fault , but if there is smoke your pump belt could have slipped a tooth, so have a look first to your exhaust !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all ill check that all out !! Na only one key there tonybaloni but whats the story with lots of keys ?????????

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Sounds like a wire was almost through and the speed bump killed it totally.

Check the loom across the top of the engine for broken cables

1 - 7 of 7 Posts