VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Well, after many aircooled vans I have finally upgraded to a T4 which I hope to take delivery of this week as its currently languishing in the garden of the previous owner.

Its a 1997 'P' plate 800 special with 132k and a dodgy clutch.

Its still signwritten, come in blue and still has its full length roof rack (complete with pipe tube) and has had a reasonably hard life as a plumbers van - but it is one owner from new and has an immaculate service history from new. It has good a few war wounds but nothing too bad.

I was planning on plylining and carpeting it and putting a bed and kitchen unit in it but after scouring ebay for a while, it may have to wait for a while until I can afford it (or the wife lets me!)

The tax is out and the MOT has just expired - but what sort of ball park figure would you say its worth?

All comments gratefully received and I look forward to spending many nights with you all ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. My mate bought his first t4 yesterday.3 years older,but with a new mot for £900,will want alot of work as it was a plasterers workvan,but cheap enough for him to start with, Good luck with yours.T:

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum T:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Welcome bud looks like i will meet you soon at the Hampshire meet
as i run it by the looks of it Rasp:
we can see if we can keep the cost of your bus down a bit LOL:

TONY aka the TOAD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys,

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

My next question is...(and apologies if you get this all the time) but what sort of money am I looking at to sort a new clutch out on a 1.9TD? (1997 model).

I know it depends on many things but I don't know anyone down this way as we recently moved and a bit worried about being done over! (again!)

Any recommendations and ball park figures?

Thanks again guys - you may well be seeing quite a bit of me around here!

:ILU:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts