VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i am jay from jaytekracing i am new on this forum and i am on the lookout for my next project :)
i am after a t4 but dont have a clue when it comes to the engine size!(25 years in the trade lol)
hope i find one soonT:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi
well a bit of everything ie day trips out with my 2 boys,something to put the mini dirt bikes in etcT:

10,824 Posts
if you are going to be carrying weight up and done hills and motorways for me there is only one option....2.5tdi. Although one not to be sniffed at is going for a good van with a knackered engine and doing the 1.9tdi route which is still a very capable engine, some would say better.

the others are good but I find a little lacking in umph!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply
i will be doing a lot of motorway trips so i need something that will be upto the job:)

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Hi mate. I wouldnt go down the 1.9TD route if motorway miles are gonna be a big part of your journeys, carrying bikes too! I love mine but its pretty slow, only got 68bhp and I very rarely take it over 60 as it sounds too rushed, I'd say undergeared although a lot on here do a fifth gear mod which helps. Still adore my van tho, like I said its slow and lazy but it's solid and goes well once up to speed….like a VW camper should be :) ;)
Good luck with your search

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got one at lastT:
2.5 turbo in red blue dash model
i will post some pic's of the strip down on monday when i get it down the unit:)
its play timeT:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts