VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Iam new to the forum and the VW scene. looking to get a T4 got about £3Kish to spend for one. I race a Honda a weekends so it will be used to ferry some parts and wheels around as well as kipping in occasionally. looking for a lwb but what is the best engne 1900 or a 2500 need good reliability advice would be welcome.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi mate I'm in ashford in Kent. Would recommend the 2.5 tdi I had a 2.4d before and it was hard work but the 2.5tdi has lots of power def the way to go.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I have my trusty 1.9TD but for what you want then I have to agree with the others on the 2.5TDi
*<:)>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey ive just done the same thing... bought a lwb with a poorly running 2.4.... i intend on carring 500-1000 lbs regularly.. occasional a bit more with drywall and plywood runs.. but thats only once a month or so.

IN CANADA WE WERENT BLESSED WITH THE #$%@%& 2.5 TDi AN OPTION in any vehicle!

I was also told the 2.5 burns double the fuel of the 1.9....anyone have expierience compairing the 2 with a loaded lwb... please comment!

CAN I GET ENOUGH POWER AND RELIABILITY TO USE THIS VAN AS MY DAILY DRIVER RENO VAN? ...or is it a dream without the 2.5?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts