VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd say hi!
Bought a 1993 2.4 T4 high top in November, think we got a good deal but have shelled out for cam belt change and a split clutch slave cylinder so starting to realise how much maintenence these things cost! Want to get it sorted for the spring. Last thing to sort out is a rattle which the garage thinks is the rod in the vacum pump tapping against the cam so going to do that.

Have a limited experience with cars etc, mainly from my first ever car (mkI fiesta!) but tomorrow going to attempt to change the oil and filter - feel I should be able to do the basics! Looking to learn a lot and do more and more myself - both for my wallet and overall man points.

Only thing is I'll be doing the oil change tomorrow on the back of a night shift in A+E, but something needs to keep me awake for the game tomorrow evening, where I'm sure Wales will errr... :eek:

Anyway, last thing is I'm also looking for a swivel base for the passenger seat, have seen them for £160 - are there any cheaper ones?

cheers!

Nick

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome Nick..T:

You should get all you need on this site and everyone is ready to help...

good luck with your oil change

Dick :ILU:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome to the forum you should manage oil and filter change nothing much to cause problems with regards to swivels eBay do fasp swivels about £110 ish I think and t4srus do them for around £120 I think

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
hi mate, oil and filter change is ok, check with VW to make sure you get right grade, contact GSF or TPS and get a business trade account and save loads on parts.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Hello nick and welcome to the forum, good luck with the oil change.:ILU:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi and welcome along to the forum bud.

Steve W....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts