VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi firstly hello and thanks for accepting me on the forum. I currently live in Thailand and have done for 16 years. bought a T4 about five years ago and had numerous problems with it and at sometimes felt like cutting it up with my Stihl saw! but never the less my wife still loves it and the dogs especially as we take it to the beach and they go with us and runaround. However down to the nitty gritty the van is a 1998 2.6 petrol with an automatic box. I sent it to the garage for a new A/C switch and once fitted they could not start the engine. Eleven months later and eleven months of leaving the passenger window down they got it started something wasn't earthed! However they then said the gearbox has packed up! I went to the garage and drove it back here it goes into park, neutral, the nexy gear which should be drive feels like second as takes off very sluggish and cannot here it change gear, I can also get the next gear which looks like 2nd on the dash but feels like first. I removed gear cover in the van carpets sodden with water and gear linkage well full of water, looked on the internet lots of different answers from oil filter, brake switch, gera bushes but not really sure where to start please , please , help thanks Gary

1 - 1 of 1 Posts