VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's lovely to be among like-minded volk, but hey, we know why we're really here - BECAUSE STUFF GOES WRONG!!!
Yeah my mum had four campers, I had a cutsie camper once too, and now have a brand spanking new (to me) T4 van(2000).

And I found you guys through the traditional route - wobbly pedal box, leaky master cylinder; a T4 rite of passage I now know.. and here I found wisdom, and fine thoughts, and Mr Boatyard's most excellent fix-it-for-£12-pedal-box-bracket, which is truly a thing of beautyhttp://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

And the bracket is installed, and the new master cylinder and hose snugly fitted and bled most thoroughly with a pressure bleed kit, and the clutch pedal is properly reacting underfoot....

And now the bloody clutch slips. It didn't do this before, is it an adjustment issue? Yes yes, I believe it is a 'self-adjusting' clutch, but if I have to take it to a garage - special tool involved, methinks, and they say it needs a new clutch..

Do I a) say 'ok' then go out and cry

b) get a second opinion, in the knowledge - c'mon, help me out - that the plate is being held off by new pressure level in hydraulics?? Or something else not too expensive...?

maybe you are witholding this last precious piece of info to be a 'welcome to the forum' gift? Well, I'm here now, so tell me can I fix it, or does it require the attention of a vw witchdoctor?

I look like an easy target to any unscrupulous nefarious cash hungry garage owner coz I iz a girlie. I do like to know what I'm talking about - don't be offended, nefarious garage owners, I am stuck in France with near-dead van, and they tend to be rather macho here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already two of us then with limping van syndrome.. there are bound to be more, this clutch cylinder problem is endemic, so the side effects may be too..perhaps if we synchronise accelarations VROUAOUM VRAOUAM someone will hear us and tell us what to do??

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi try slackening off master cyl bolts and retighten whilst holding clutch pedal down it worked for me

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Where in france are you?
Im english and a mechanic (on aerocrafties at least) and willing to help.
I live just north of Geneva.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who would think of these things but a guru! If it works I will walk around it seven times wafting incense and chanting ShenShenShenthegreatShen.. I'll try it tomorrow and let you know, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts