VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought my first T4 - a 2.4D LWB Syncro - 1998. I'm a paragliding pilot and I want the van to take me around Europe and the UK to Paragliding launch sites that are usually a good way up the mountain. The previous owner, Jason raised it up to around 12" ground clearance. Great for getting up dodgy mountain tracks.

Had a peek about the forum and there's tons of experience in here which I'm going to need as I'm not a mechanic and never had a VW before. Most I've done is cleaned out a carb on my motorbike!

First thing I'll need is a good, reliable, T4 enthusiast mechanic for servicing and repair, so if anyone fits the bill, or knows anyone, in or near Oxford, please put me in touch.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hi David, and welcome,
Nice looking bus, particularly the dead hedgehog on the bumper I:.

You'll find virtually everying you need on here - just one tip for now: search the forum using Google for best results. Just use "T4 forum synchro" plus whatever subject you're looking for, be it mechanical, electrical, conversions, etc. Don't forget to add the synchro bit into the search or you'll get more than you bargained for.

Best of luck - don't forget you need as many landings as take-offs T:.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Well done that lad. I'd seen that one on eBay the other day. The lad was after a swap for a T25 syncro to begin with. It looks quite a capable machine being a syncro. There's loads of info on the Syncro Garage about all the 4WD bits. Have you had a chance to see if it all works ok yet?

Have fun T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts