VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just bought my first T4 and very happy! I found this forum while searching for why my starter motor sometimes screams back at me, and found the answer here.

I'm from Yorkshire but live in Switzerland and sell British cheese to the Swiss!

I hope to be able to contribute here, there really isn't a culture of DIY car servicing here and it's really difficult to buy spares unless you're a registered garage so I'll probably be sourcing parts back in the UK for when I drive over on one of my regular buying trips.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum T:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One year on and I still love my T4. I've done about 6 trips in it from Switzerland back to the UK and back (always over 3 days, the front seats are really comfortable to catch 40 winks or so). I'm preparing for another trip this weekend, I'll be getting the ferry to Dover about 9am Sunday so watch out for me driving up the M2 into East London, then back from North London round the M25 Monday lunchtime.

I had one problem when it wouldn't start, called out the Swiss AA and they replaced the transformer - at least that's what they called it in German. 350 Swiss Francs (about £200), probably a lot cheaper over there, but this is Switzerland!

Here I am with my workhorse at one of my regular Ploughmans Lunches at a local brewery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts