VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, We are new to T5s, Finally bought a new (newish) T5 panelvan to go with our old 53 panelvan.
All VWs we have owned previously have been air-cooled. Our bug and bus are both slammed.

Will have to get used to the engine being at the wrong end, and being water cooled;)

getting Sportline springs fitted tomorrow to hopefully improve the stability. and when I get time will start on the interior.

Happy New Year! to u all

some pics

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome i to am also fairly new to the forum (sept ) and also have a air cooled bug .but only a 1996 mexican inport but we still love.to use it in the summer :ILU:

·
Registered
703 Posts
The T5 makes your splitty look tiny. Would love an old barn door splitty like that as a summer fun motor. Had several aircooled dubs over the years the last being a 1977 Karmann Cabrio. Sold that to fund the T5 though as needed something I could use daily and the cabrio was to good/solid to be driving throughout the UK winter months. One day I will have both though!

Two very nice vans you have there T:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome i to am also fairly new to the forum (sept ) and also have a air cooled bug .but only a 1996 mexican inport but we still love.to use it in the summer :ILU:
Hi Bogey, thanks for the welcome
We used to use our 62 bug all year round, but the last couple of winters have taken their toll and now it needs some attention. Been cleaning underside up ready to go in for some welding and metal work.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The T5 makes your splitty look tiny. Would love an old barn door splitty like that as a summer fun motor. Had several aircooled dubs over the years the last being a 1977 Karmann Cabrio. Sold that to fund the T5 though as needed something I could use daily and the cabrio was to good/solid to be driving throughout the UK winter months. One day I will have both though!

Two very nice vans you have there T:
Thanks Devildriver, the T5 is massive in comparison. But great for all year round driving (heating in the winter). The splitty wont leave the drive now til the gritters are back in the depots.

Off on a New Years camp out in the T5, should be fun.

Have a good one!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, I just love the splitty it looks the dogsT: I have a t5 but would love a splitty.

Happy New Year

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hi and welcome. Your post on preview confused me...words to effect 'we've got a 53 panel but we're new to water cooled...' then I looked at your pics and saw it is a 1953 van and not '53' reg. Nice combo of great vans; if you're sorting the T5 it'll be interesting to know which becomes the biggest money pit!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi and welcome. Your post on preview confused me...words to effect 'we've got a 53 panel but we're new to water cooled...' then I looked at your pics and saw it is a 1953 van and not '53' reg. Nice combo of great vans; if you're sorting the T5 it'll be interesting to know which becomes the biggest money pit!

There's no way the T5 is going to cost as much as the barny to sort (I hope :eek:).

Just going to be a basic interior, with leatherette or leather Sportline style upholstery.

At least with a T5 I have a good solid van to start with T:

This is how the Barndoor looks underneath. and another for those that like the splittys too.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
split looks awesome i m looking for one at the mo, thinking of going over the pond to find one, i have family there so its flight only :ILU:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts