VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I fitted a hid kit to my 98 T4 tonight. its just a single dipped beam kit, looks great but now have a problem.
When I put on just my sidelights one of the HID bulbs comes on and stays on(usually the drivers side), so I end up with one headlight with just a sidelight on and the other with sidelight and HID on. Am I right in thinking this is because when you switch on a T4's sidelights the dipped bulbs illuminate a little too? and this is causing the HID to ignite and stay on?

Also I can no longer go from sidelights to dipped beam if I want the headlights on, I have to switch sides off and and then switch to dipped....

Anyone able to help please??T:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody?? :confused: Does anybody know how I can alter my headlight wiring so when I switch on sidelights thats all I get, and not power to my dipped beam too... do all T4's do this?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
If remember correctly, there is a resistor type block above the drivers side head light.
You need to unplug this and it will cure your problem.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
You need to disconnect the dim dip, its a small connector that gives you dimmed headlights when the sidelights are on. From memory its under the slam panel by or on top of the drivers side headlight, it should be yellow. Just unplug and your awayT:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Daz36 and thevandidit. I will have a look in the morning before work although I'm really tempted to go outside now and have a look!:D.

Took the van down some pitch black country lanes tonight and the HID's are amazing, the difference is night and day to the old bulbs, they also illuminate reflective clothing and road signs a lot further away too.T:

Thanks once again for your replies guys

Sean

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi, beam pattern doesn't seem much different apart from the light reaches further. but my hid bulbs have got a small metal casing round them with an opening up the side, not like some other kits that are just uncovered bulbs that shine from all anglesLOL: but i'm gonna get the headlights checked tomorrow to make sure they are lined up properly. I drove past loads of other vehicles tonight and din't get flashed once... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts