VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just fitted an ebay hid kit to my t4, The lights are flamin awesome! The only down side is that when I switch them in it interferes BIG TIME with the radio which is driving me mad. Has anyone else had the same issue? :confused:

Ben.

·
Registered
134 Posts
MIGHT WONNA TRY RELOCATING THE (oops caps) relocate the ballast on the aerial side,
and/or try putting something between the two,?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, wort a try ! the cables not very long but I guess I could see just how far away from the antenna I can get it, Thankyou T:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
dont know whether it might help if you wrap the balast in tinfoil, and any part of the antenna coax you can get to, does it afect anything else eg pause cd/tape and turn up volume and when you say it messes with radio can you expand on this point am fm ?
could also be a bad earth
plz no cooking quips about tinfoil.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Don't you need a suppressor for the radio, I seem to remember years ago about them fitted to radios to stop interference caused by car electrics.

I have HID's fitted to my T4 and splitty with no problems whatsoever without the need for a suppressor

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dont know whether it might help if you wrap the balast in tinfoil, and any part of the antenna coax you can get to, does it afect anything else eg pause cd/tape and turn up volume and when you say it messes with radio can you expand on this point am fm ?
could also be a bad earth
plz no cooking quips about tinfoil.
Not heard of using tin foil, There are no other issues bar switching on the lights and hearing nothing but wjite noise on am or fm, switch the lights off again and its fine.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't you need a suppressor for the radio, I seem to remember years ago about them fitted to radios to stop interference caused by car electrics.

I have HID's fitted to my T4 and splitty with no problems whatsoever without the need for a suppressor
I have a suppressor on each ballast and one on the rear of the head unit. Is the ballast on your tv close to your antenna? I have heard cheap hid kits can interfere with the radio, My kit only cost £100.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
can you try a different radio the tin foil needs to be earthed to act a a shield to emf is your antenna built into the screen,
does it kill radio if you use flash

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can you try a different radio the tin foil needs to be earthed to act a a shield to emf is your antenna built into the screen,
does it kill radio if you use flash
No the antenna is mounted on the N/S skuttle pannel, If I flash the headlights yes I get the white noise and zero reception.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi radio antenna is earthed where it mounts to the body. where have you mounted the balast
is antenna plug pushed in at back of radio
Ive mounted the ballast on the inner wing so its blumin close to the antenna, yes my antenna plug is snug in the back of the head unit T:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
hi
try unpluging the one on antenna side and see if radio works with just one light. if the radio is ok then you prob have to relocate balast, just a thought did you use double sided tape to mount balast, if you did the balast case may need to be earthed, you could just try a short wire to a good earth but best mounted to a good earth . have you tried contacting the seller to see if they have had this prob before
Dale

1 - 19 of 19 Posts