VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

Starting to strip out my T5 this weekend, its a 56 plate panel van. I am a technician by trade and have a background in rotary wing. I plan on doing a lot of the work myself.

Before I consider lining my van I want to put down as many of the cables that will need to run through the back of the van as i can think of. So far i have thought about:

speakers
leisure battery and associated inverter and outlet cabling for sockets
lighting
reversing camera

Every time I think I have considered everything something else will pop into my head :* , so just looking for some outside input and advice on what others have done

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey up bud I've just started mine I put the leisure battery under drivers seat and also the split charger to keep it away from weathering for the wiring side I've run up the inside of plastic panel were seat belt is in to the roof and cable tied all wires then to get wires to were I've put my switches I drop it in the metal work in bk I'll post some pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hadnt thought about putting the battery under the seat I was going to put it in the back under the cupboards when fitted. But the seat sounds like a better idea, thanks. Some pictures would be helpful.

Nice one

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I sketched mine out in as much detail as I could manage and updated as I went (Helps if you do it on pc then you can amend. I found Visio quite good to use.

Now I also have a half decent wiring diagram to trace problems from although I couldn't stretch to individually colour coded cables!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I spent ages working all mine out.
My list for mine was as follows:
12v:
Roof spotlights
Led uplighter
Kitchen lights
Recess lights
Over-bed lights
Under cupboard lights
Water pump
Fridge
Side door spot light
All the above from leisure battery to fuse box to switch panel to ancillary plus 2 spare live feeds to switches should I wish to add anything else at a later date.
All earthed back to leisure battery including the earths from the switches.
Split charge system from vehicle battery to leisure battery.
Voltmeter
Twin usb socket
Earth strap from leisure battery to bodywork

240v
Hook up to rcb
Rcb to battery charger
Battery charger to leisure battery
Rcb to twin 240v sockets
(Still got to work out if the fridge needs a 240v supply and the whether it needs to come from the Rcb or if I can drop it down to 12v)

Audio:
2 Rear speakers
Dab antenna
Microphone for hands free
Usb cable to headunit
aux cable to headunit

That's everything I've got plans to include at the minute but obviously should you wish to have less lighting circuits or add other ancillaries like night heaters etc it'll vary slightly.

I tried to group as many low current earths together as possible to cut down on the wiring and used a ring terminal block to attach my earths to before running a single cable from that to the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys, like the idea of sketching it out and having a wiring diagram to refer back to for future reference.

Thanks for that list JonBoy, that's given me a few extra things to add to my list

1 - 6 of 6 Posts