VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

High temp glue safety advice needed

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  pantanovera 
#1 ·
Hi all
Well I bought some high temp glue in red and white tin with no obvious branding , and marketed as "trim-fix adhesive" ( Google it for a pic) ,but all the local and eBay trim suppliers, (including those who advertise on this site) .

Anyway with the abundance of this being sold and used by guys on here, has anyone questioned the H&S info on the back?
"Contains DICHLOROMETHANE" & "SUSPECTED OF CAUSING CANCER" statements on the tin ...

What grade respirators are you guys using to apply this stuff? Because me for one can not obtain any coshh or tech data on this ... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Mf

#2 ·
Without knowing who the manufacturer is it is a little difficult . . . . .

But it is a legal requirement that the MSDS (material safety data sheet) is available; Certainly in the UK, hopefully the can refers to the manufacturer ?????

Trimfix adhesive is a Novatio product (but no listed distributor in UK) and is in a different tin . . . . there are MSDS's on their website
though. . . . http://www.novatio.be/en/search?category=All&string=trimfix
Maybe this stuff is made under license/rebranded for sale in the UK??

If there are no equivalent documents available for Trim-fix ; who knows??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.