VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone is was just wondering if you could help me with a problem in think I've got with my van? I've just noticed a hissing noise coming from the front of the van every time the turbo kicks in? Any ideas welcome thanks

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hi everyone is was just wondering if you could help me with a problem in think I've got with my van? I've just noticed a hissing noise coming from the front of the van every time the turbo kicks in? Any ideas welcome thanks
Split inter cooler I'd say but worth checking the hoses first as the retaining clips can wear and leak around the union

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taken big black pipe off and no signs of wear or splits what's the next plan of action do you think?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
And it doesn't make the noise if rev when stationary?
Have you checked all of the large rubber pipe work?
It's all under pressure during boost.
Sounds like its defo leaking somewhere.
Even the smallest split in the cooler will sound loud under boost

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right driving earlier hissing is still there and as I was going up a hill all the boost went so it was like driving a non turbo and iv turned the engine off and back on and it's boosting fine now but still with the hissing noise iv checked all the big rubber pipes that I can see

·
Registered
139 Posts
Had the same on my old van the intercooler had a small hole in it check around the front bumper for some oil residue that can end up coming out of the intercooler .

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always get oil around the filler cap mainly at the back off the filler cap between the cap and the turbo?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts