VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some **** in a hotpoint delivery van smashed my wing mirror and dented my door today..:blg:mad:

But... a nice neighbour saw him and took his details..A:T:

I'll be seeing if the:* down the cop shop wanna do a bit of work tomorow methinks!!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a feeling the cops will be uninterested due to no injury
hotpoint however may not like bad press and lots of firms run these . ."hows my driving schemes" see if they do and ring the number or contact hotpoint directly

trouble is (from experience) many people damage thier own cars in a car park etc then just wait for an unsuspecting wagon to come along and ring to claim youve hit them grrr giving a time and place . . difficult to prove youve not and as with all bosses its all your fault so pay anyway . . . good for the car driver bad for the lorry driver who gets the sack

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Contact Hotpoint directly the as T4play says the cops won't see it as a crime and will tell you to go to your insurance company, good news for you is that you have a third party witness, so either way you should be able to claim against hotpoint's insurance if they don't pay you directly.T:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Unfortunately, the cop's will probabyl not be interested, BUT it should be noted that Leaving the Scene of an Accident is a crime, esp. if you do not stop. It is because it's so easy to get away with it that people no lnoger bother whether they hit someone elses car.

Also give his details to your insurance company. They wil persue it as otherwise it costs them (i.e. you :confused:) money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts