VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not a great day, was out in the van this afternoon with the misses and got rear ended by a pikey in a transit! Thankfully he smashed into the towbar so can't see any cosmetic damage, but gonna get it checked anyway. After he reversed up he leaned out the window shouted no damage & drove off:( Lucky got his reg and reported him to the police.
But now both of us are sitting at home with stiff necks & backs, and hes prob not insured.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
If the reg checks out you can still get him through civil action by your insurance company if you have legal cover- if he has insurance or not.

hard work -took my wife over a year but got the 1000quid back and cleared her claim record.

Hope all works out for you!T:

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
Yeah you should contact your insurance !

Best to get the van checked as well as your necks as it may have done damage you cant see if he hit the tow bar (chassis rails, floor)

·
Registered
414 Posts
If he is not insured you can claim through the MIB (motor insurance beuro) Might take a while but it's worth it. A good no win no fee solicitor will sort you out.
I used Higgins and co after a bad bike accident caused by an uninsured foreigner. Got sorted in the end.
Your is a straight rear ender should be easy. Mine was a bit more involved but got sorted in the end

1 - 4 of 4 Posts