VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a van that has some surface rust and a few marks on it...... it's a good van just needs a respray.

How much would you think it would cost to get painted up? Needs a full respray really, it's white if tyhat makes a difference and would want it the same colour.

Cheers

Darren

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Anything from £1000 up i should think.. All depends on price of paint.. Some paint is very expencive, some isnt :ILU:
Mines still in the spray shop, still waiting :(

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you having a colour change? I'm just wanting it to be white again..... same as it is just base white, £1000 is a lot is it not?

Mind you i suppose you get what you pay for.....

Anyone else got any ideas? cheers

·
11,653 Posts
No, £1000 would be cheap mate ;)

Not a colour change as such but im having something a bit tricky and im not paying £1000 either :eek:

If the body work is good and it just needs a blow over then it may be cheaper but if youve having a re spray then have a re spray i recon T:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
as kieran says £1000 and even up to £2500,no such thing as a cheap respray nowadays,as you said you only get what you pay for but a cheap job will always be a cheap job and the rust will be back in no time

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Mine's in at the moment, going from AA yellow to a gloss black, they're doing the prep and dealing with a few dings and dents - costing me £1250+VAT - and thats a reasonable price.

You can save yourself some money doing your own prep - but that involves time, and as much as I ain't got much money, I got a lot less time!

·
11,653 Posts
Mine's in at the moment, going from AA yellow to a gloss black, they're doing the prep and dealing with a few dings and dents - costing me £1250+VAT - and thats a reasonable price.

You can save yourself some money doing your own prep - but that involves time, and as much as I ain't got much money, I got a lot less time!
Yeah thats about right for a cheap but good job T: Dont know about you but i cant wait to get mine back :( Not looking to win any shows but will make me happy :D

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Yeah thats about right for a cheap but good job T: Dont know about you but i cant wait to get mine back :( Not looking to win any shows but will make me happy :D
Oh its driving me bloody mad, Kieran - I got a box full of stuff to put on it!

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Its a lot of money down here! Still, the fella did a good job when he resprayed my ex-british gas Sprinter from sky blue to black, so I figured he was the man to sort my T4. Seems to be the lonnnggesssst week though!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm thinking that i vcan get a decent job for about 850 ish, spoken to my mate this morning and he knows a decent fella for the job!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that looks ace, but I'm not paying 2000+ not a chance!

Spoken to the wife and we're thinking colour change now..... any recommendations near Newark Notts?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts