VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I have had time to even think about getting back to work on my T4 to get it ready for touring,
I have been looking at pop tops for quite a while now and made a few enquiries but have been turned down 3 times now, ☹. All 3 conversion companies are not doing the good old T4s and especially not my Caravelle, I’m not quite sure why?? are they much different than a normal T4 transporter? Also does it make it any more difficult having twin sliding doors. I have looked at skyline and Storm , storm being my preferred choice but they only do T5 onwards 😠. Also skyline are not advising to use their roof on the Caravelle as the flashings and trims are prone to breaking??? The only one I have found that will do the Caravelle is westduds but I haven’t really found out much about them yet. my question to the good people on this T4 forum is does anyone have a pop top on a twin sliding door Caravelle that looks fab and top quality? I would be very grateful for any recommendations you have and also great companies that are willing to fit one. I am in the East Sussex area but willing to travel to get the best job done. Look forward to your good advise.
😁😁 Martin (Pearl)

·
Registered
2001 Caravelle
12 Posts
Think it could be because of the air vents fitted in the factory roof lining, hoping to fit a pop top in mine later on in the year but plan on doing it myself, from what I have looked at that could be the main problem. and the work involved in moving the associated roof hardware.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts