VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Bought some 225/75/16 on Sunday..
Do they really fit?
Not on those wheels they won't. Rasp:

Seriously though the van looks a touch low for that size of tyre?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill be lifting it up back to std. It's on the bumps tops near enough on the front. Just wondered if they actually fitted.. Iv read people getting them on just never seen it! I'm using merc 7.5 steels so I'm hoping they take up the extra width...

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
What higher than the Syncro in the link?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Why not? :* I:
Because looking at the photos it's very evident that they don't "fit" even at that height.......never mind the fact there'll be big issues with arch/rear bumper contact when the suspension is compressed.

Or are you seeing something that I'm not? :*

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Because looking at the photos it's very evident that it will need to be a hell of a lot higher than a Syncro for the wheels & tyres to actually "fit"...which they don't.......never mind the fact there'll still be issues with arch/rear bumper contact when the suspension is compressed.

Or are you seeing something that I'm not? :*
Maybe i am mate. Sorry I: Im just always of the view point that anythings possible with a bit of head scratching. Not everything simply bolts on sometimes.. Maybe this time im wrong :rolleyes:

·
Registered
365 Posts
hi mate,these are 215x70x16 on 7j audi alloys, et 42, standard hight with no rubbing T:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh full locks fine, it does rub a tiny bit on the front left halfway through the lock but it sounds worse than it is.

Still need to wind it up tho, vans doing a nosedive ATM

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It does go offroad quite often tbh, I'm also going to syncro or 4motion it when Iv moved house too. It's been sat on the deck for the last 2 years and I'm fed up with crashing and banging. (The missis reckons its no different like, I'm sure she's borderline Mongy tho)

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
It does go offroad quite often tbh, I'm also going to syncro or 4motion it when Iv moved house too. It's been sat on the deck for the last 2 years and I'm fed up with crashing and banging. (The missis reckons its no different like, I'm sure she's borderline Mongy tho)
i have just read this and been laughing my head off for ages,,, and misses asked what you laughing at....

·
Registered
799 Posts
fair play to you mate!!! ill hopefully be getting some big daft 15's for my winter steels. maybe not that big!!!! are they eibachs you've removed? if so how much u after? ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They went ages ago dude. Took the tyres off for a trip round France /Belgium as they were rubbing and didn't wanna get stranded. Need to fettle my arches to get them back on before I get carried away with the banded steels and drop it again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts