VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I lived in Holland for 10 years lived less than 10 miles from Duinrell. Great fun for the children
young & old, if you have time visit Haarlem, Amsterdam, & Leiden. Amsterdam is still my favourite city in the world.

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
jealous.

Lived in Rotterdam for a while. love the place, love the people.

Take some bikes, or hire them anywhere, and go for an explore of the bike paths...... use the trains too.. try the Indonisian food, order Crokettes (unidentifiable meat in a breadcrumb coating) at every opportunity you can, have apple pie and cream with a coffee.

If you go to Amsterdam do go to the Anne Frank house. Also, Delft is a lovely place to visit. Its where the Lady with The Pearl Earing was set in real life, home of Vermeer. Proper little canals and squares and Windmill by the station. Looks like thats within easy cycle of where you are staying. If you end up in Rotterdam do the boat tour of the docks and have beer in the Old Haven by the funny cube Houses.

try and visit the flower auction, either the one near Rotterdam or the largest one at Alsemeer.

Its a great place to visit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love Amstedam and will be going again for the 3rd time during our stay.

AS we are sailing into Dunkirque will be stopping in Ieper (ypres) in Belgium so will also pay the Menin Gate a visit.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Off to Wassenaar in Holland on sun in the T4
Booked direct with site http://www.duinrell.com/ and worked out at 420 Euro's for family of 4, 9 nights with elec taking own tent.

Will report on our return:D
Catch a mad club motorbike race or cars at race track at Zandvoort (10 mins on train from Haarlem, on coast- plenty of beaches there too T: (i hope its still there- was there around 10 years ago:eek:)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys. Fab place here and kids ocupied 24 7 so happy bunny.
Lots done already and more to explore but cant eat any more Gouder cheese as filled my boots yesterday as the market was on.

Arden Daz
Wassanaar
HOLLAND

Now back to you guys in the forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts