VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I saW the title of this thread and thought he was gonna cut a new door in the side of his van!:eek:LOL:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Good effort grant. Looking forward to seeing that.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
heres my side exit effort ,same idea,but with a silencer put in.had a decat,but no one would/could supply a silencer and bend to bolt on?so bought the silencer and 45degree bend from pipewerx,cut the decat,welded in silencer,then welded rest of decat n bend onto that a piece of bar welded on as a hanger too.all stainlessT:

has a nice tone,doesnt soot up the side either.approx cost £115T:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heres my side exit effort ,same idea,but with a silencer put in.had a decat,but no one would/could supply a silencer and bend to bolt on?so bought the silencer and 45degree bend from pipewerx,cut the decat,welded in silencer,then welded rest of decat n bend onto that a piece of bar welded on as a hanger too.all stainlessT:

has a nice tone,doesnt soot up the side either.approx cost £115T:
looks good m8.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Got a straight through side exit on my 2.5 tdi not too loud really and it's boatloads cheaper than doing the full replacement route. Decat pipe, straight pipe and an elbow as you've done. Only in mild steel but it's a theory test! Back wheel does get a bit sooty but thats not an issue since my engine ate itself I:A:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
where do you get the stainless pipe from and what kind of welding are you doing for the fixing?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts