VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 T4. WhenI turn the teering wheel through 180 degrees the horn sounds. Always seems to be when the wheel is in the same position. I have taken the steering wheel off but can't see any trapped or split wires. Has anyone come across this issue before?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Seems to me that the horn contacts (brass shim looking things) may be coming together to make the circuit. Bend 'em a bit and it 'may' cure your problem - but GO EASY ! Cheers, Tony.

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
I have a 97 T4. WhenI turn the teering wheel through 180 degrees the horn sounds. Always seems to be when the wheel is in the same position. I have taken the steering wheel off but can't see any trapped or split wires. Has anyone come across this issue before?

Thanks
That gives your bus character, I had an old Beetle that when you sounded the horn it would spit the tape out of the cassette player with such force as to reach the back seat passengers, Oh what fun ! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's a little bit embarrassing when you are trying to park and people think you are beeping them.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts