VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I'm not much of a writer so I thought that I'll contribute something useful here.

I have traveled many happy miles with my T4 and as I also drive in snow, water and mud A:,
I had to replace the horn on regular occasions!
I got fed up with this and thought out a modification to stop the water and debry getting into the horn and therefore corroding the internal buzzer.

The mod consists of a small cutout of one of those "anti-slide" matts, glued on to the horn with superglue. First lay the mat on a surface you can cut on (wires chopping board?H:) and pressing the horn onto the mat, cut it to suite the shape. Then carefully apply the superglue onto the cleaned face of the horn and after aligning the edges press down firmly onto the mat. Wait a few seconds and you have a new splash resistant horn. To make sure you don't glue the horn to whatever you are working on, use a piece of cling film under the mat before gluing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Surely a better solution to the crazy standard horn location where it is totally exposed to road crud is to relocate it into the space in front of the battery. Only needs a simple right angle bracket to attach to scuttle. Wires to horn can be pulled up and reattached without any other alteration. Horn audibility still perfectly adequate with no MOT problems. A very simple and worthwhile mod.
Alleygater

1 - 2 of 2 Posts