VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Whatever I do there always seems to be hot air coming out the drivers side vent. Even if i turn it to cold.

The cold air comes out the middle and hot air out the driver side?

Is this a symptom of anything? Is it easily fixable?

Thanks - Nick

·
Registered
232 Posts
i could be wrong but the center vents are cold air only.The cable often snaps from either the dial end or inside the engine bay.My cable is straight infront of me when i open the engine lid.about half way up the heater pipe.Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you open your bonnet and get somebody to turn the heater control cable you should see it moving by the coolant tank, assuming it's not snapped (right hand side as you're looking in if I remember right). The cable operates a small lever and sometimes slips where it's attached to it, so when you turn the heater control all the way to cold it's not moving the switch all the way; unclip the cable, move the lever out to its full extent and clip the cable back on so that when you move the handle to cold it's pushing the lever all the way out. Sorted. :D

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
My owners manual states that only cool (ambient) air comes from the centre vents and warm air from the rest, if she's got air con then it's a different story.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
cold only from middle, unless youve got aircon installed...
extra cool air can be found by opening the window :D its a van after all, your arm should be hung out the window..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Excellent post T:

My variable temperature control was working and now its not. Hopefully this cable problem will solve it.

Centre vents are definately ambient air temperature and everything else SHOULD:* be controlled by your cabin controls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts