VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, need help!

This weekend took our 1995 Caravelle 2.5 petrol high top conversion to the sea side.

My wife was wearing flip flops and her feet were getting burnt by hot air coming out near gearstick.

Is this normal? Anyone got Ideas what could be causing it and solutions....

I should note the gearstick cover is standard rubber one and appears not to be attached to floor etc

About to do a 1k road trip and need to get it sorted.

Thanks James

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Inner and outer parts need to be fitted correctly,the plastic outer part pushes down over four bolt threads one for each corner. They often need a thump to get them located securely.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So by the sound of it if I can fix the gait to the floor it should solve the problem..

My gaitor is rubber and very moveable, not Attached to anything.

Should it have an inner or just be the outer rubber only?

·
Registered
724 Posts
If the gaitor is not fitted properly you should have an increase in engine and road noise too. I had a gaitor that did not fit, the clip which attached the floppier top bit to the plastic under bit was broken. It's tricky to see though, you have to look right up inside the top bit towrds the front. check this before pushing the top bit onto the 4 lugs on the floor or it will just come loose again. I have to say though that I never experienced burning heat from the gaitor (sometimes I would rest my foot on it to reduce the noise). I would suggest you check your heater switches are working and look behind the centre, bottom of the dash (undo the retaining screws) where the foot well heater ducts run as they easily pop off their mountings.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys thanks for all the help

I have checked it and the clip appeared to be in good order.

I have trimmed around the rubber and carpet and it seems to fit

Next for a 600 mile test to see if I solved it!!

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts