VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just done the blanking off on my 2.5TDi 88 it has only done 43k, so just wondered how much caking/deposits should be in there?

On the main bit it was about 2-3mm of greasy gunk :eek:
And on the small bit it was a bout a mm of powdery soot.

Hope the pictures show it ok, took a good two hours to remove, clean and replace, started and ran so thats a bonus lol

Now to do a long term trail to see if it helps with the MPG? Though mainly did it to stop and future issues building up.

Anyway, if any one can tell me if the amount of deposit looks ok for only 43k that would be useful, as was paranoid about getting such a low milage van. To good to be true and all that???? :eek:

Have fun, Jon

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I would guess it would depend on how it has been driven and for what types of journeys?

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
By comparison to most I've seen, albeit 4 of 'em ranging from 75 to 150k miles, I'd say that one was reasonably clean T:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By comparison to most I've seen, albeit 4 of 'em ranging from 75 to 150k miles, I'd say that one was reasonably clean T:
Thats good to know :)
Had no idea what to expect so was worried the van may have done more miles than it showed etc (I'm paranoid like that when it comes to vehicals as I know sod all :( )

Took it for a short drive and seemed fine, not expecting any major/instant improvement just glad it did not make it worse :eek:

So hopefully it will atleast stop it from dropping MPG/performance over time as it clocks the miles up, as no gunk to build up :D

Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Mine gave a slightly more "smooth" performance when cleaned, but have just de-catted and now can feel a real improvement. I think the two jobs combined are the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts